Suppose your family has a bajillion coats, hats and dog leashes (like mine)…
and suppose those coats, hats and dog leashes have taken over every single wall hook in the house (like mine)…
and suppose you have pretty things you want to hang up to display, because the aforementioned coats, hats and dog leashes are hogging all the space…
What do you do?
I’ll tell you what you do, you make your OWN place to hang your pretties…
and you forbid your family from putting one single coat, hat or dog leash on it…
THAT’S what you do!
(well, that’s what I did anyway)
I made myself a rustic wooden peg rack, and I double-dog dare anyone to hang a coat on it.
I’ll show you how easy it is to put one together, so you can ban your family from using yours too! 🙂
Supplies you’ll need:
1. a rustic board – I used pallet wood
2). a thicker board, at least 1/2″ thick
4) old nails (round up some, or get antique ones from my shop here)
5) screws & D-ring hangers
1) Paint your rustic board and allow it to dry.
2) Because pallet wood isn’t usually very thick, you’ll need to attach another board behind it. I used a new pine plank that is 1/2″ thick. I just attached a screw on each end and one in the center.
3) Attach D-ring hangers on the back – one on each of the top 2 corners.
3) Determine how many old nails you want on your peg rack, and mark their placement on the front of your rustic board.
4). Drill holes for your old nails.
**Select a drill bit that is close in diameter to the diameter of the old nails you use – you don’t want the hole larger than the nails. It should be just a tad smaller.
5. Pound the nails into place.
That’s it – you’re done!
Hang your pretties up, and give your family a warning that these pegs are OFF LIMITS.
your first warning could be given sweetly, but if your family is like mine, it’s best to just threaten them right off the bat…they take me more seriously that way. 🙂
This kind of peg rack is perfect for farmhouse style decorating. It’s very simplistic looking, much like you would find in an old farmhouse.
Doesn’t it look perfect hanging above my new antique sewing machine table?
Too bad this is in my kitchen…right where our kitchen table goes.
That’s okay though…I just need to finish painting another section of plank wall in my bedroom. I’m working on it now, and hope to have it finished before the weekend is over. I’ll just relocate this whole arrangement as soon as the paint is dry!
If you’d like to make your own peg rack, I have sets of 5 date nails available in my online shop HERE.